[Catalyst] Generate dynamic list

Danny Warren danny at io.com
Sun Apr 8 18:20:02 GMT 2007

It would have to be done with javascript no matter what framework
(unless you wanted to do it with multiple partial form-submits, which is
kinda ugly and you would end up using javascript anyhow to smooth out
the submits most likely).

This is usually called "select chaining", and I remember seeing some
article that was catalyst-centric floating somewhere.

Ah, here we go (haven't used this method myself, not sure how right this
article is, but should get you started):

http://www.dev411.com/wiki/AJAX_Select_Chaining_with_Catalyst

However, I think the consensus around here is not to use the Prototype
plugins or helper, since they really shouldn't be plugins in the first
place (and locks you in to whatever version is in the HTML::Prototype
module).

I just insclude the prototype.js script directly in my html template
whenever I need to use prototype.  More info:

http://www.prototypejs.org/
http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Prototype

Danny Warren