[Catalyst] Hats off and some Clarifications.

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:58:08 GMT 2007

On 19/04/07, Dister Kemp <dister.kemp at gmail.com> wrote:

> claims that it does automatic generation of HTML forms and other
> Database scripts. (to an extent). They call it scaffolding.
>
> Is this possible with Catalyst? If so to what extent and how?

Catalyst::Example::InstantCRUD  provides some scaffolding.  Experience
suggests that scaffolding is a useful bootstrap for prototyping, but is no
substitute for doing the hard yards yourself.  That is you outgrow scaffolds
pretty quickly, and if you use them at the later stage of your project, you
end up fighting the scaffold's conception of what you want to do.  I think
that '(to an extent)' captures this neatly.

Having said that, Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder is highly rated by many
at the moment.