[Catalyst] many Views that may include common display fragments

Steve H s_t_e_v_e_h at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 01:25:09 GMT 2007

Again, thanks... and it's great to see such diversity in Catalyst usage and
help offerred.

To reiterate part of the problem..  in the final View that composes the
(final) page, I'd want to include HTML fragments that were created by common
functions (that could create them for other pages too).  Trouble is, things
came unstuck when I forward('someCommonFunction' ... which fires the
controller to fetch the data, then it's associated View to actually create
the HTML fragment; it would normally be plugged into response body, however
the (Seamstress) resultant Tree object is also Stash'able or returned and
the body could get ignored... when the forward() returns, I'd have the Tree
(html'able) fragment that I could stitch into the main doc's html tree that
is then finally  rendered as_html().
-- that's where it comes unstuck... it can't seem to recurse that stuff.
Note that I'm using Seamstress (as opposed to TT).

regards
SteveH

Advertisement: Its simple! Sell your car for just $30 at carsales.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801577%2Fpi%5F1005244%2Fai%5F838588&_t=754951090&_r=tig&_m=EXT