[Catalyst] Debug/Warning messages for duplicate files under M/V/C directorios

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 13:53:04 GMT 2007

Greetings everyone,

I stumbled onto an annoying problem this week, a co-worker of mine
somehow managed to duplicate the lib tree into lib/MyApp/Controller
which, of course caused the app to crash before I got the initial
debug messages, since the log only flushes after the entire app loads,
so it took me quite a while to figure it out. While I was whining
about the problem in #catalyst, mst suggested there should be helpful
debug messages to deal with this kind of issue. Simply flushing the
log as each component loads doesn't help a lot since the duplicate
file can be loaded before the real one, in that case, the 'redefine'
warnings aren't very helpful. Ideally, the debug messages should
report which two components tried to load the same thing. I've done
something like this by walking the symtable every time a component
loads, but that sounds like overkill. Any thoughts on how to get this
done?

--
Eden Cardim
Instituto Baiano de Biotecnologia