[Catalyst] refactoring an existing HTML::Mason installation to use Catalyst

Garrett Goebel ggoebel at goebel.ws
Sat Apr 28 17:28:38 GMT 2007

Marc,

I just did the opposite for an old Mason site at work the other day.
I embedded mason pages in catalyst. I.e., I used
Catalyst::View::Mason and created a controller that forwarded all the
mason pages to it.

Because Catalyst::View::Mason uses Mason without Apache you won't
have access to $r. For my purposes this wasn't a big deal. As a quick
hack in my controller I put $c->stash->{backend} = 'catalyst'. Then
in the autohandler I dropped:

<%args>
$backend
</$args>
my $r = $c->request  if $backend eq 'catalyst';

$r and $c->request were similar enough that this worked for me. Your
milage may vary.

cheers,

Garrett