[Catalyst] do I need to load Apache::DBI?

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Wed Aug 1 06:52:21 GMT 2007

On 7/31/07, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> Except in the DBIx::Class, Class::DBI and plain DBI apps I've brought back
> to production quality stability by removing it.

DBIx::Class and Class::DBI both handle connection caching on their
own, so that is not where one would need Apache::DBI.  It's meant to
be used with plain DBI apps that aren't already doing connection
caching.  I will get the Apache::DBI docs updated to make this clear.

> There's no "implication" - sometimes it doesn't work. Mostly it does. Producing
> a repeatable test case has proven pretty much impossible due to the hackiness
> of the implementation.

Usually when people have trouble it's due to clashes with some other
code that was trying to cache connections.  If you find a situation
like this again, a bug report of some kind would be appreciated.

- Perrin