[Catalyst] Multiple FastCGI app servers with Apache2

Adeola Awoyemi adeola at digitalcraftsmen.net
Fri Aug 3 14:13:53 GMT 2007

Tobias Kremer wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if it's possible to distribute requests to multiple
>> external
>>> FastCGI servers with Apache2 + mod_fastcgi similar to the round-robin
>>> load-balancing approach lighttpd provides?
>> This is possible (as I have done the same) by adding multiple instances of:
>>> FastCgiExternalServer /path/to/MyApp/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl -host
>> 127.0.0.1:55901
>>> to the apache2 config file. Also make sure you use different ports or
>> sockets.
>
> I already tried that and it gives me:
>
> FastCgiExternalServer: redefinition of previously defined
> class "/srv/myapp.fcgi".
>
> I'm using mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0404142202 with Apache 2.0.59 both compiled
> from source.

Do you have each FastCgiExternalServer directive pointing to a different
instance of the application. E.g.

FastCgiExternalServer /path/myapp_fastcgi.pl -host 127.0.0.1:55900
FastCgiExternalServer /path2/myapp_fastcgi.pl -host 127.0.0.1:55901

Adeola.

--
Creative Developer - Digital Craftsmen Ltd
Exmouth House, 3 Pine Street