[Catalyst] Multiple FastCGI app servers with Apache2

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Fri Aug 3 15:11:22 GMT 2007

> Tobias Kremer wrote:
> > FastCgiExternalServer: redefinition of previously defined
> > class "/srv/myapp.fcgi".
> >
> > I'm using mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0404142202 with Apache 2.0.59 both compiled
> > from source.
>
> Do you have each FastCgiExternalServer directive pointing to a different
> instance of the application. E.g.
>
> FastCgiExternalServer /path/myapp_fastcgi.pl -host 127.0.0.1:55900
> FastCgiExternalServer /path2/myapp_fastcgi.pl -host 127.0.0.1:55901

Nope. What does your Alias directive look like for this? How do
you specify the other app instance (path2/myapp_fastcgi.pl)? Or do you
have a different approach that doesn't use Alias?

Anyways, I just switched over to lighttpd on a dedicated machine and the
load-balancing worked perfectly within a couple of minutes :)

--Tobias