[Catalyst] Multiple FastCGI app servers with Apache2

Adeola Awoyemi adeola at digitalcraftsmen.net
Fri Aug 3 15:33:02 GMT 2007

Tobias Kremer wrote:
>>> FastCgiExternalServer: redefinition of previously defined
>>> class "/srv/myapp.fcgi".
>>>
>>> I'm using mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0404142202 with Apache 2.0.59 both compiled
>>> from source.
>> Do you have each FastCgiExternalServer directive pointing to a different
>> instance of the application. E.g.
>>
>> FastCgiExternalServer /path/myapp_fastcgi.pl -host 127.0.0.1:55900
>> FastCgiExternalServer /path2/myapp_fastcgi.pl -host 127.0.0.1:55901
>
> Nope. What does your Alias directive look like for this? How do
> you specify the other app instance (path2/myapp_fastcgi.pl)? Or do you
> have a different approach that doesn't use Alias?

I used something like:
<VirtualHost *>
     ServerName one.example.com
     Alias / /path/myapp_fastcgi.pl/
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *>
     ServerName two.example.com
     Alias / /path2/myapp_fastcgi.pl/
</VirtualHost>

> Anyways, I just switched over to lighttpd on a dedicated machine and the
> load-balancing worked perfectly within a couple of minutes :)
Oh well, I guess you don't need to faff around with fastcgi anymore then ;-)

Glad you have it sorted.

Adeola.

--
Creative Developer - Digital Craftsmen Ltd
Exmouth House, 3 Pine Street