[Catalyst] Issue with JSON view

Tatsuhiko Miyagawa miyagawa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 02:07:21 GMT 2007

On 8/8/07, Mesdaq, Ali <amesdaq at websense.com> wrote:
>    $c->forward('scorer::View::JSON');
> }
>

> My understanding may be wrong but the json view should create the
> headers and return the result itself right? I shouldn't need to create a
> template file on disk for a json view or so I assume. The only thing I
> can think of is that for some reason it is still being sent to my TT
> view.

I encountered with this probelm a few week ago with my pet project.
I've never used View::JSON with my real project.

Try this instead:

  $c->stash->{current_view} = 'JSON';

The View::JSON doc is kinda obsolete and I guess incompatible with the
current RenderView default action.

If there's a better way to do this, let me know and I'll update the doc.

--
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa