[Catalyst] FCGI automatic restart / memory leaks

Bernhard Graf catalyst2 at augensalat.de
Thu Aug 16 13:06:31 GMT 2007

On Thursday 16 August 2007 13:42, Tobias Kremer wrote:
> Quoting Bernhard Graf <catalyst2 at augensalat.de>:

> > I use daemontools similar to
> > http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2006/4 .
>
> Thanks! I'll take a look at it.

You should definitely do that. Not only for this case - daemontools (or
similar like runit) are superior for nearly every server service on *ix
OSes. Check out http://smarden.org/runit/runscripts.html and compare
the scripts with typical System-V run scripts (not mentioning the
supervision concept in general).

> For now I'm gonna try running two independent FastCGI process
> managers and restart them on different hours via a cronjob so that
> one of them will always be available to lighttpd. Other solutions are
> still welcome! :)

Why two FCGI process managers? To compensate FCGI downtimes? Did you
find a way to tell lighttpd not to talk to an FCGI process that is
down? I only get a 500 error in that case.

--
Bernhard Graf