[Catalyst] improving usability / doc

Adam Bartosik adam.bartosik at hurra.com
Thu Aug 16 16:06:10 GMT 2007

I wonder how much better Catalyst doc would looks if the "top doc page",
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Manual/ (linked from top catalyst page)
had tutos in 1..9 order, not alphabetical?

Is such change in naming eg:
Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::1_Intro
Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::2_CatalystBasics
possible?

There is also an open ticket for - maybe - this kind of work
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/ticket/82

I just think how can I help in this process of improving documentation
for my favorite framework. I am a perl programmer with strong experience
of initiating new sites, promoting, advertising - nothing special but
could be helpful to improve cata site.

Take a look at doc pages of rails:
http://rubyonrails.org/docs
django:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/
or even not so popular mvc like Pylons
http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonsdocs/Home

How many people decided to take different framework just because
catalyst doc still.... sucks?

--
Adam.Bartosik at hurra.com  http://www.hurra-communications.com/
$ o m e    t e a m  .  d e v e l o p e r