[Catalyst] Rate limiting password attacks

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Aug 18 07:32:57 GMT 2007

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 09:48:33PM -0500, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
> > What's the status of the Cache plugin(s) wrt. backends?
> >
> > I want to be able to swap between FastMmap and Memcached via a config
> > option
> As per the docs:
>
>     # configure a backend or use a store plugin
>     __PACKAGE__->config->{cache}{backend} = {
>         class => "Cache::FastMmap",
>         # ... params ...
>     };
>
> or
>
>     # configure a backend or use a store plugin
>     __PACKAGE__->config->{cache}{backend} = {
>         class => "Cache::Memcached::Managed",
>         # ... params ...
>     };

Yes, I like that -- which is why I was asking about the status of the
plugin.  I thought there was a problem from our discussion on IRC:

(01:13:50 PM) freetime: But FastMmap doesn't work?
(01:13:50 PM) jrockway: it works for everything except FastMmap, which is broken
(01:13:53 PM) freetime: ;)
(01:14:03 PM) jrockway: right, so either use Store::FastMmap or Cache from trunk

So, any idea when Cache will get pushed to CPAN to fix whatever the
problem is?

> Feel free to refactor that however you like.  But the idea is that
> C::P::Cache doesn't care what backend you use.

Hum, just spent 45 minutes reading docs and source again.  Still not
the clear.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org