[Catalyst] CMS

Cory Watson jheephat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 14:46:18 GMT 2007

On 8/23/07, Matt Rosin <telebody at gmail.com> wrote:
> Catalyst makes it easy to build a site with lots of little modules of
> content composing a single page - the actual content (words/images)
> being scattered in static apache directories, the database, the
> templates folders and the code. At some point a content management
> system of some type is needed.

Next year I will have a need for a CMS that:

 - multi-user
 - tracks changes
 - allows previewing
 - is perl
 - doesn't impose a templating system
 - extensible
 - is open source
 - works with my cat site

> I'd just like to ask if anyone uses a CMS (beyond just hand-rolling
> for each instance) or has been seeing similar needs. I think much
> development time is spent on creating object management interfaces
> which perhaps could be boiled down to some repetitive functionality.

I've not even looked at my options yet.  I just know I'm going to need
one.  I don't know that I need a 'CMS', as most of them seem to have
too many damned features.

What I really want is a multi-user template editor with change
tracking, and a cat app that can talk to same... so that the app can
run in 'preview' mode.

That just gave me an idea...

--
Cory 'G' Watson