[BULK] - [Catalyst] CMS

Mesdaq, Ali amesdaq at websense.com
Thu Aug 23 17:57:37 GMT 2007

I have used Joomla in the past for a fairly busy community website I run
on the side. When I first learned about Catalyst first thing I did was
look for what cool CMS was created using it. Unfortunately I didn't find
anything ready to go live. I definitely think we need one but for it to
actually be effective and actually get done it shouldn't be over
engineered. I would really like to see a good skeleton of a CMS that
gets a lot of the annoying stuff taken care of and allows for full
customization. I probably can't do too much development on it but I can
help out with the specs, features, wireframes, and roadmap if needed.

Another thing I think is missing from our community is a good catalyst
based forum software. We need this pretty bad in my opinion because I
hate using the other ones out there. Especially since every week there
is a new vulnerability in each one. A good forum and a good CMS will
probably come very handy for us. I know django framework has its own CMS
and admin tool built in. Haven't used it but the idea its built in is
very cool.

Thanks,
Ali Mesdaq
Security Researcher II