[Catalyst] CMS

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Aug 23 18:30:58 GMT 2007

On 8/23/07, Cory Watson <jheephat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want something manages and
> version my templates and then a view that lets Cat retrieve the
> appropriate template through some means.

You can do something like that with Krang or Bricolage.  They both
publish files rather than serving the content themselves.  You can
publish files that are templates for your Catalyst app to use, and
even publish metadata files with them that tell the app how to behave
on this page.  We did something like this with Krang at Plus Three,
using CGI::Application to serve the published templates.  There's a
thread in the Catalyst archives with more details about it.

However, both Krang and Bricolage are far more complicated than RCS.
They handle permissions, workflow, and templating of static pages.
That may be more than you want.

- Perrin