[Catalyst] CMS

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Thu Aug 23 19:21:06 GMT 2007

| On 8/23/07, John Wang <johncwang at gmail.com> wrote:
| > For while I've been thinking it would be nice to have a Cat-based CMS with
| > multiple features built on top of a platform. The platform can include basic
| > things like Authn, Authz, Sessions, a basic user schema and pre-built HTML.
| > The pre-built HTML can include controllers/templates/etc for registration,
| > login/logout, openid, etc. Then on top of the platform you can have
| > plug-and-play features like forums, blogs, photo galleries, surveys etc. If
| > it was built the right way, you could have your choice of forums, etc. You
| > can also only load the features that you want. I'm not sure how easy this
| > would be to do but I think it would be neat.
|
| This is precisely what I DON'T want.  I want something manages and
| version my templates and then a view that lets Cat retrieve the
| appropriate template through some means.
|
| Not that what you describe wouldn't be nice to have, just not for me atm. ;)

don't know if this is what you were talking, but me, I'd
like a pluggable combo that will allow me to add simple
editing of pages (a small wiki or blog-like combo to plug
into any catalyst app), with choice of markup (Markdown,
Textile, WikiFormat) ... then my templating system should just
inject the processed content into a template.

Fernan