[Catalyst] XML RPC Server and RenderView

Matthieu Codron matthieu at codron.org
Fri Aug 24 21:23:39 GMT 2007

Hi,

> Nicolas Raspail wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> when playing with Catalyst::Plugin::Server::XMLRPC following the
>> documentation, I get the same behaviour as Joe.
>
> Hmmm.... I thought it was just me.
>
>> I have search the archive and found thie mail from Joe Landman ,
>> and he has the same problem, but unfortunately, nobody answer him.
>
> True.  I am guessing that this is due to few people using XMLRPC in
> Catalyst.  This is a shame as it really looks like a nice module to
> use , and is exactly what I want to do ...  I have since hacked
> what I need to do into some controllers/display logic outside of
> XMLRPC, though I would rather get XMLRPC going.

I'm using this Catalyst::Plugin::Server::XMLRPC alongside RenderView
without problems. To avoid forwarding to RenderView, I'm just putting
a value in the response body at the end of the action, e.g. $c-
 >response->body(1);
Looks like a hack, but it works. The contents of the response body
are overwritten by the plugin.

--
Matthieu Codron
matthieu at codron.org