[Catalyst] Attribute::Handlers wont work in own classes under catalyst

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 05:16:40 GMT 2007

On 8/29/07, Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann <ostmann at websuche.de> wrote:
> after a few tests we gone use this classes under catalyst ... and ...
> dont work :-/ under catalyst our classes dont use Attribute::Handlers
> :-/ we declare UNIVERSAL::Property and then use "sub nondigit : Property
> { defined && !m{[0-9]} }" (see the code)

Catalyst breaks regular subroutine attributes. Apparently, it tries to
parse them all so other code never gets the chance to parse them. I've
seen this problem before while using a module (which used subroutine
attributes) along with Catalyst and I decided to work around it
instead of looking for a proper fix.

Good luck. Hopefully someone else can come up with solution other than
using Catalyst's own attribute handling framework.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.