[Catalyst] Attribute::Handlers wont work in own classes under catalyst

Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann ostmann at websuche.de
Thu Aug 30 08:14:32 GMT 2007

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior schrieb:
> On 8/29/07, Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann <ostmann at websuche.de> wrote:
>
>> after a few tests we gone use this classes under catalyst ... and ...
>> dont work :-/ under catalyst our classes dont use Attribute::Handlers
>> :-/ we declare UNIVERSAL::Property and then use "sub nondigit : Property
>> { defined && !m{[0-9]} }" (see the code)
>>

> Catalyst breaks regular subroutine attributes. Apparently, it tries to
> parse them all so other code never gets the chance to parse them. I've
> seen this problem before while using a module (which used subroutine
> attributes) along with Catalyst and I decided to work around it
> instead of looking for a proper fix.
>
> Good luck. Hopefully someone else can come up with solution other than
> using Catalyst's own attribute handling framework.

uh, that is hard stuff! We use this kind of attributes, cause we use the
object also without catalyst (cronjobs etc) ... so i cant use the
catalyst-stuff :-/

have you make a bugreport? how you is your work around?

thanks!

> -Nilson Santos F. Jr.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann
Websuche   Search   Technology   GmbH   &   Co. KG
Martinistraße 3  -  D-49080  Osnabrück  -  Germany
Tel.:   +49 541 40666-0 - Fax:    +49 541 40666-22
Email: info at websuche.de - Website: www.websuche.de
AG Osnabrück - HRA 200252 - Ust-Ident: DE814737310
Komplementärin:     Websuche   Search   Technology
Verwaltungs GmbH   -  AG Osnabrück  -   HRB 200359
Geschäftsführer:  Diplom Kaufmann Martin Steinkamp