[Catalyst] BBC's "Perl on Rails" nuttiness

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 13:36:52 GMT 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 12:38 PM, Ian Docherty <catalyst at iandocherty.com> wrote:
> Zbyszek
> You have to remember that Siemens are responsible for ensuring the
> stability of the public facing infrastructure.
> This makes it important not to introduce new modules, or upgrade
> existing modules, without an extensive
> testing period to make sure it works with all existing applications. The
> trouble with this is that it is easier to
> keep stable (or work around existing known problems) by not installing
> anything new.

Sure - but as I understand BBC is their client and this policy makes
the life of BBC programmers pretty miserable.  This does not sound
like a good business direction.  I know this is not a simple problem,
and to solve it we will have to get through to the management level,
but we actually are in much better position to reach that level than
the poor BBC employees.

--
Zbyszek
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/