[Catalyst] redirect and formfu controller

Kalman Kiss ssikiss at zalaszam.hu
Tue Dec 4 12:25:00 GMT 2007

Carl Franks wrote:
>> [debug] Path is "login/login"
>> [debug] *** Controller: Foo::Controller::Login=HASH(0x99a9930),
>> path_prefix=login ***
>> [debug] *** Login Controller: Foo::Controller::Login=HASH(0x99a9930),
>> path_prefix=login ***
>>

> It was a lot easier to read once I'd deleted the commented out code
> and debugging statements.

Sorry for that, i try to keep it in mind to strip the comments next time.

> Can you try switching back to Catalyst::Controller, to confirm you
> still have the same problem, as there doesn't appear to be anything
> there that requires Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu - so that might
> be a bit misleading.

The problem is gone when i switch to Catalyst::Controller base in Login.pm.

> As a guess - completely untested - Catalyst::Controller doesn't appear
> to provide overloading, so this:
>     if ( $c->controller eq $c->controller('Login') ) { }
> will never be true, as you're comparing 2 different objects' memory
> addresses (what objects usually stringify to by default).

As the above debug logs say the objects are the same type and address,
and the original is from the tutorial (part 4).
(Its working with FormBuilder btw.)

Kami