Re: [Catalyst] Re: State of the art in form valid =?WINDOWS-1252?Q?ation; _opinion_poll=85_Model_based_forms/validation=3F?=

Valentin Tumarkin valentin-lists at fuzzycow.org
Thu Dec 6 13:26:06 GMT 2007

I would love to see a single "Form" framework which can be used both
for HTML and AJAX forms (JSON data).  Imagine having the View (and not
the Controller) decide how the form will be presented - as HTML or
ExtJS widgets.

I understand that this can be built on top of existing modules, like
Form::Processor. However with so many existing HTML Form modules out
there, it seems that this problem would be better solved as a
plugin/branch of existing High-Level Form module.

A quick&dirty hack solution would be to write a module which populates
Catalyst/CGI::FormBuilder form with data taken from JSON object.
However this alone will not shift the presentation decision to View.
Also support for hierarchical data structures (JSON) would probably be
lost.

A real-life example: one of my work projects is currently using
Catalyst / FormBuilder. I want to move part of the web interface
provided by the application to ExtJS, while keeping another part
compatible with "non-AJAX"  browsers.

Regards,
Valentin