[Catalyst] Handel missing a forward to a view?

Collin Condray ccondray at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 04:18:42 GMT 2007

Hi, I'm a new user of Catalyst (5.701) and I'm trying to incorporate Handel
(1.00005) into my existing app which is based loosely on the Catalyst
tutorial. I've run the Handel scaffold and set up the associated tables in
the database. However, when I try to go to myapp.domainname.com/cart/add I
get the following error.

Couldn't render template "file error - cart/default: not found"

I checked the permissions of my files and they are correct. The default
Handel templates are located where they're supposed to in the root/cart
directory. I do have other controllers that render TT templates correctly as
well so TT is working. I finally got the cart to appear when I added the
following code to the end of sub default in Cart.pm <http://cart.pm/>:

$c->forward( $c->view('TToolkit') );

and the cart worked normally. When I proceed to the checkout catalyst dies
on line 240 of Checkout.pm <http://checkout.pm/>:

$c->forward('render');

and I get the following error:

Couldn't render template "file error - checkout/default: not found"

I obviously have something wrong with the way my views are set up and I
could use a clearer understanding of how the view mechanism works. I've also
found references to similar problems (
http://grokbase.com/topic/2006/08/04/handel-couldn-t-render-template-file-e=
rror-cart-add-not-found/UVdMM_5zEb2fAvFXgnmWt7tx5vM,
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/11/17/handel.html?page=3Dlast) but don't thi=
nk
they apply to this problem.

If I can provide any further information on my problem, please let me know
and I'll be happy to provide it.

Thanks,

-- =

Collin Condray