[Catalyst] javascript in Catalyst using Template Toolkit

Emily Heureux emily at burnham.org
Thu Dec 20 18:47:45 GMT 2007

I am trying to execute a bit of external javascript code, but I don't
believe I am setting it up correctly in Catalyst.  I have a clock.js file,
and then inside a menu file in myapp/root/lib/site I have the script tag:
<script src="clock.js">.</script>.

If I put the clock.js code directly into the menu file, and not in an
external js file, I can get it to work.  It is badly done though.  I have an
extra body tag to call an onload function, but it works.  Does anyone know
how to set up the different pieces so that I can have the javascript in an
external file?  I have seen a friend's method, and it is so complicated, and
I have looked online, but haven't found that people are having a problem
with javascript and catalyst.

Emily