[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Subrequest broken with Catalyst-Runtime-5.0712?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Dec 24 18:25:07 GMT 2007

On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 12:13:40AM -0500, John Romkey wrote:
> Has anyone else had a problem with Catalyst::Plugin::Subrequest and
> the new release of the runtime?
>
> Since I've tried it out on my dev environment I'm seeing it throw
> errors like:
>
> Caught exception in UVFoodApp::Controller::Info->business "Can't
> locate object method "getNodeValue" via package "Catalyst::Stats" at /
> Library/Perl/5.8.6/Catalyst/Plugin/SubRequest.pm line 87."
>
> It looks like where it used to be getting a Tree::Simple object it's
> now getting Catalyst::Stats

The Catalyst::Stats patch was supposed to go into 5.80 trunk, not 5.70.

Can whichever idiot merged it to the wrong place revert it please and notify
the list so marcus can put out a fixed release?

(and this is why we DO NOT FUCKING APPLY FEATURE PATCHES TO THE FUCKING STABLE
RELEASE PEOPLE I AM NOT FUCKING KIDDING AND I *CAN* AND *WILL* REVOKE COMMIT
BITS TO TRUNK IF IT KEEPS HAPPENING)

P.S. Merry Christmas