[Catalyst] Debugging Catalyst with Komodo

Dami Laurent (PJ) laurent.dami at justice.ge.ch
Fri Feb 2 07:15:57 GMT 2007

I think this is not due to Komodo, but to the fact that modules in a Catalyst app are loaded dynamically (after compile-time) by the Catalyst initialization code. So at the time you want to set your breakpoints, the modules are not loaded yet.

I don't know the proper solution to this, but I know a workaround : you can put the statement

$DB::single = 1;

somewhere in your code. This will force a breakpoint if running in -d mode (cf L<perldebug>). And then, since your modules are now loaded, you can add all your other breakpoints as usual.

Good luck, L. Dami