[Catalyst] DRY REST

Ian Docherty catalyst at iandocherty.com
Mon Feb 5 15:01:39 GMT 2007

I would welcome some advise on how to organise this.

I have several places where I want to create a 'person', by which I mean
enter firstname, lastname, birthdate etc. for a person.

Now a 'person' can be a sender, a beneficiary, a user,  an agent etc.
and using inheritance 'person' is a base class.

When I create a sender (for example) I would do so at the URI
'/transaction/xxx/sender/create'
and it could also be done at 'sender/create'

the same code could be used in '/transaction/xxx/beneficiary/create' etc.

The idea is that where controllers create any 'person' type information
I would use common code (a common controller?) to create the form
elements and validate the form data (I am using FillInForm and
FormValidator).

I have seen some documentation in Catalyst::DispatchType:Chained using
*:Chained('.')* but I don't really know if that is any help to me.

Any other suggestions?

Regards
Ian (IcyDee)