[Catalyst] Difference in running application via "perl -d" vs command line

Lampert, Hugh Hugh.Lampert at lbbwus.com
Mon Feb 5 20:45:26 GMT 2007

Sorry to bother the list with this but I'm about to pull my hair out (or
switch my app over to Instant Rails - joke...).  Here's the scoop:

I have a test application I've been working on for a long time.  We run
on Windows, we will NOT be using a Linux platform for this regardless of
how easy it is to run a VM.  I had my application running on Catalyst
5.69 but decided to upgrade to 5.7 to get all the new bells and
whistles.  First I tried putting together an environment that would work
well with CPAN but after getting lost in a lot of hairy NMAKE errors I
dumped that plan.  Next I decided to use the PPM repository and the
University of Winnipeg (http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/) which seems
to be reasonably up-to-date.  I installed all the Catalyst related PPMs.
Now I have this problem:  My app starts up and runs under the debugger
but gives a bunch of cryptic errors when run from the command line (see
the listings below).

I'm not asking anyone to solve this for me, just point me in the right
direction as to what I should check.  I'm thinking there's some problem
with the model mechanics when the app runs from the command line
(DBD::ADO or the Catalyst DBIC model modules).

 Thanks!

app run under debugger:

U:\LBBWCompliance\LBBWCompliance>perl -d script\lbbwcompliance_server.pl

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `perldoc perldebug' for more help.

main::(script\lbbwcompliance_server.pl:16):
16:     my $debug             = 0;

  DB<1> c
Win32::OLE operating in debugging mode: _Unique => 1
 at C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/OLE/Lite.pm line 30
        require Win32/OLE/Lite.pm called at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/OLE.pm line 4
8
        require Win32/OLE.pm called at C:/Perl/site/lib/DBD/ADO.pm line
6
        DBD::ADO::BEGIN() called at C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/OLE/Lite.pm
line 0
        eval {...} called at C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/OLE/Lite.pm line 0
        require DBD/ADO.pm called at (eval
26)[C:/Perl/site/lib/DBI.pm:732] line
 3
        eval 'package                   # hide from PAUSE
                DBI::_firesafe;         # just in case
            require DBD::ADO;   # load the driver

;' called at C:/Perl/site/lib/DBI.pm line 732
        DBI::install_driver('DBI', 'ADO') called at
C:/Perl/site/lib/DBI.pm line
 600
        DBI::connect('DBI', 'dbi:ADO:Provider=SQLOLEDB;Integrated
Security=SSPI;
Persist Se...') called at
U:/LBBWCompliance/LBBWCompliance/script/../lib/LBBWCom
pliance/Utility/LBBWComplianceDBIO.pm line 39
        require LBBWCompliance/Utility/LBBWComplianceDBIO.pm called at
U:/LBBWCo
mpliance/LBBWCompliance/script/../lib/LBBWCompliance.pm line 6
        LBBWCompliance::BEGIN() called at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/OLE/Lite.pm lin
e 0
        eval {...} called at C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/OLE/Lite.pm line 0
        require LBBWCompliance.pm called at
script\lbbwcompliance_server.pl line
 53
[debug] Debug messages enabled
[debug] Loaded plugins:
.-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----.
| Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication  0.09
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::Password
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::DBIC  0.07
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Authorization::Roles  0.04
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader  0.13
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Session  0.12
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::Cookie  0.05
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::File  0.08
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Static::Simple  0.14

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----'

[debug] Loaded dispatcher "Catalyst::Dispatcher"
[debug] Loaded engine "Catalyst::Engine::HTTP"
[debug] Found home "U:\LBBWCompliance\LBBWCompliance"
[debug] Loaded Config
"U:\LBBWCompliance\LBBWCompliance\lbbwcompliance.yml"
[debug] Loaded tables "alertrecipientlistheaders alertrecipientlistitems
alerts
mailings people recipients roles userroles users"
[debug] Loaded components:
.-----------------------------------------------------------------+-----
-----.
| Class                                                           | Type

+-----------------------------------------------------------------+-----
-----+
| LBBWCompliance::Controller::Authentication                      |
instance |
| LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWComplianceData                       |
instance |
| LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWComplianceData::Alertrecipientlisth- |
class    |
| eaders                                                          |

| LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWComplianceData::Alertrecipientlisti- |
class    |
| tems                                                            |

| LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWComplianceData::Alerts               |
class    |
| LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWComplianceData::Mailings             |
class    |
| LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWComplianceData::People               |
class    |
| LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWComplianceData::Recipients           |
class    |
| LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWComplianceData::Roles                |
class    |
| LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWComplianceData::Userroles            |
class    |
| LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWComplianceData::Users                |
class    |
| LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWComplianceData::_db                  |
class    |
| LBBWCompliance::Model::humanResources                           |
instance |
| LBBWCompliance::Model::humanResources::usr_Employees            |
class    |
| LBBWCompliance::View::TToolkit                                  |
instance |
'-----------------------------------------------------------------+-----
-----'

[debug] Loaded Private actions:
.----------------------+--------------------------------------+---------
-----.

+----------------------+--------------------------------------+---------
-----+
| /default             | LBBWCompliance                       | default
|
| /end                 | LBBWCompliance                       | end
|
| /auto                | LBBWCompliance                       | auto
|
| /authentication/add- | LBBWCompliance::Controller::Authent- | addUser

| User                 | ication                              |

| /authentication/log- | LBBWCompliance::Controller::Authent- | login

| in                   | ication                              |

| /authentication/auto | LBBWCompliance::Controller::Authent- | auto

|                      | ication                              |

| /authentication/get- | LBBWCompliance::Controller::Authent- |
getHRUserLi- |
| HRUserList           | ication                              | st

'----------------------+--------------------------------------+---------
-----'

[debug] Loaded Path actions:
.-------------------------------------+---------------------------------
-----.

+-------------------------------------+---------------------------------
-----+
| /authentication/addUser             | /authentication/addUser
|
| /authentication/login               | /authentication/login

'-------------------------------------+---------------------------------
-----'

[info] LBBWCompliance powered by Catalyst 5.7006
You can connect to your server at http://ny500337:3000

App run from command line:

U:\LBBWCompliance\LBBWCompliance>script\lbbwcompliance_server.pl
Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x9a90e30, Perl interpreter:
0x2245bc at
 C:/Perl/site/lib/DBD/ADO/TypeInfo.pm line 454.

<snipped many attempts to free unreferenced scalar messages here...>

 C:/Perl/site/lib/DBD/ADO.pm line 326.
Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x9a8c5d0, Perl interpreter:
0x2245bc at
 C:/Perl/site/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSource.pm line 194.
[debug] Debug messages enabled
[debug] Loaded plugins:
.-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----.
| Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication  0.09
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::Password
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::DBIC  0.07
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Authorization::Roles  0.04
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader  0.13
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Session  0.12
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::Cookie  0.05
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::File  0.08
|
| Catalyst::Plugin::Static::Simple  0.14

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----'

[debug] Loaded dispatcher "Catalyst::Dispatcher"
[debug] Loaded engine "Catalyst::Engine::HTTP"
[debug] Found home "U:\LBBWCompliance\LBBWCompliance"
[debug] Loaded Config
"U:\LBBWCompliance\LBBWCompliance\lbbwcompliance.yml"
[debug] Couldn't load tables "Can't use an undefined value as a HASH
reference a
t C:/Perl/site/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSource.pm line 200.
"
[debug] Loaded components:
.-----------------------------------------------------------------+-----
-----.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------+-----
-----+

+----------------------+--------------------------------------+---------
-----+
| /default             | LBBWCompliance                       | default
|
| /end                 | LBBWCompliance                       | end
|
| /auto                | LBBWCompliance                       | auto
|
| /authentication/add- | LBBWCompliance::Controller::Authent- | addUser

| User                 | ication                              |

| /authentication/log- | LBBWCompliance::Controller::Authent- | login

| in                   | ication                              |

| /authentication/auto | LBBWCompliance::Controller::Authent- | auto

|                      | ication                              |

| /authentication/get- | LBBWCompliance::Controller::Authent- |
getHRUserLi- |
| HRUserList           | ication                              | st

'----------------------+--------------------------------------+---------
-----'

[debug] Loaded Path actions:
.-------------------------------------+---------------------------------
-----.

+-------------------------------------+---------------------------------
-----+
| /authentication/addUser             | /authentication/addUser
|
| /authentication/login               | /authentication/login

'-------------------------------------+---------------------------------
-----'

[info] LBBWCompliance powered by Catalyst 5.7006
Can't locate object method "has_many" via package
"LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWCo
mplianceData::Roles" (perhaps you forgot to load
"LBBWCompliance::Model::LBBWCom
plianceData::Roles"?) at
U:/LBBWCompliance/LBBWCompliance/script/../lib/LBBWComp
liance.pm line 57.
Compilation failed in require at
U:\LBBWCompliance\LBBWCompliance\script\lbbwcom
pliance_server.pl line 53.
Win32::OLE(0.1704): GetOleObject() Not a Win32::OLE object at
C:/Perl/site/lib/W
in32/OLE/Lite.pm line 154 during global destruction.
C:/Perl/site/lib/DB
D/ADO.pm line 222 during global destruction.
Win32::OLE(0.1704): GetOleObject() Not a Win32::OLE object at
C:/Perl/site/lib/W
in32/OLE/Lite.pm line 154 during global destruction.
Use of uninitialized value in bitwise and (&) at
C:/Perl/site/lib/DBD/ADO.pm lin
e 223 during global destruction.
Disclaimer:
"This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. The above information has been prepared for information purposes only. The above does not constitute
an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell, nor is it an official confirmation of terms. While the
information herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Landesbank Baden-Württemberg makes
no representation that it is accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. Neither Landesbank
Baden-Württemberg nor any employee herein guarantees the information contained in this message. No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately
delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You are
not entitled to, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,print, or copy any part of this message if
you are not the intended recipient.Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of Landesbank Baden-Wurttemberg."