[Catalyst] Problem with dependencies in Makefile.PL

Svilen Ivanov svilen.ivanov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 21:22:59 GMT 2007

Hi,

 I'm building Catalyst application which depends on several CPAN
modules which I want to install automatically as part of the build
procedure of my application. To achieve this I put following lines in
my Makefile.PL:

requires 'Catalyst::Plugin::Session' => 0;

If the module enlisted there has unsatisfied dependencies, it doesn't
install them automatically nor at least ask for confirmation. For
example, C::P::Session module requires 2 CPAN modules:
Object::Signature and Test::Deep which aren't installed and build
procedure fails. Here is sample from the output:

===cut===================================================
CPAN.pm: Going to build M/MR/MRAMBERG/Catalyst-Plugin-Session-0.14.tar.gz

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Warning: prerequisite Object::Signature 0 not found.
Warning: prerequisite Test::Deep 0 not found.
Writing Makefile for Catalyst::Plugin::Session
---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during
[M/MR/MRAMBERG/Catalyst-Plugin-Session-0.14.tar.gz] -----
    Object::Signature
    Test::Deep
Running make test
  Delayed until after prerequisites
Running make install
  Delayed until after prerequisites
*** Catalyst::Plugin::Session installation failed.
*** Module::AutoInstall installation finished.