[Catalyst] Difference in running application via "perl -d" vs command line

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Feb 6 09:26:14 GMT 2007

On 5 Feb 2007, at 20:45, Lampert, Hugh wrote:

> Sorry to bother the list with this but I'm about to pull my hair
> out (or
> switch my app over to Instant Rails - joke...).  Here's the scoop:
>
> I have a test application I've been working on for a long time.  We
> run
> on Windows, we will NOT be using a Linux platform for this
> regardless of
> how easy it is to run a VM.  I had my application running on Catalyst
> 5.69 but decided to upgrade to 5.7 to get all the new bells and
> whistles.  First I tried putting together an environment that would
> work
> well with CPAN but after getting lost in a lot of hairy NMAKE errors I
> dumped that plan.

Upgrading to the latest version of nmake (that IIRC comes with the
free Visual C++ Express thingy) will fix that.

Alternatively, try Strawberry Perl.

Rebuilding DBI is definitely a good first thing to try though (I'm
fairly sure I got told it by somebody else myself, so perhaps we
should merely consider it "community lore" :)
--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for