[Catalyst] Re: O’Reilly might yet be interested after all

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Tue Feb 6 12:50:06 GMT 2007

* Daniel McBrearty <danielmcbrearty at gmail.com> [2007-02-06 13:40]:
> I agree, not just DBIx but also TT.

I don’t think it should delve very far into TT. There’s already
an O’Reilly book for it. There should definitely be some material
on it, if only to make the book a well-rounded intro, but I think
you get far enough with just the TT basics that the exposition
can be kept pretty short.

> The great thing about cat is it's flexibility. But as a
> beginner it can also be the worst thing. The teaching style
> needs to be something like "look, it's modular, you can bolt
> just about anything you want to onto this once you understand
> how that works, but in the beginning, this is a good starting
> setup, which most people use at least for a while ... "

Yes, I agree. Although I understand that Johnathan’s book is
already quite a way along, and I don’t know how he structured it
(he posted an outline and dicussion though), but whatever it is
is probably not changing at this point.

Regards,