[Catalyst] Using $c->view('TT')->render for emails

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Tue Feb 6 22:53:54 GMT 2007

In the docs for Catalyst::View::TT and Catalyst::Plugin::Email, it
suggests using $c->view('TT')->render() for the rendering of email
templates.

My issue is that I created my Catalyst view with TTSite as described in
the CatalystBasics tutorial, and when I call the render method on the
email template, all of the site templates (header, footer, etc) are
pulled in, when all I really want is the email template by itself.

What is the right solution?  Should I create a new view just for email
templates?  Should I modify my existing view in some way to allow it to
output both normal site templates and one-off templates?  Should I not
use render() for email templates?

Thanks!
- Jim