[Catalyst] HTTP redirect - delayed Firefox

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Feb 12 09:46:53 GMT 2007

On 8 Feb 2007, at 21:08, Svilen Ivanov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing very odd issues when I'm trying to make HTTP redirect
> with '$c->res->redirect'.
>
> I use the development server with option "-k - keep alive". If I make
> HTTP redirect, Firefox 2.0.0.1 waits exactly 5 seconds before it loads
> the new location. If I disable the keep alive the 5-second delay is
> gone. Konqueror behaves the same way. Internet Explorer (surprise,
> surprise) is exact opposite  - it doesn't work at all w/o keep alive,
> and if the keep alive is enabled, there is no delay. Opera works OK w/
> or w/o keep-alive - no delay.

The dev server often behaves slightly oddly; the codebase is
optimised for simplicity and nice dev extensions like -r, not for
production usage.

None of these behaviours occur under the production engines.

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for