[Catalyst] Re: Redirect status codes (was: HTTP redirect - delayed Firefox)

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Wed Feb 14 03:13:37 GMT 2007

* John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com> [2007-02-14 02:45]:
> I'd like to be able to use different redirect status codes in a
> meaningful way, but I doubt in the end it buys you anything
> meaningful. Until all the browers support this meaningfully it
> fails to have much semantic meaning.

Just send 303 in response to a POST. It’s the correct thing to
do. You’ll note that all browsers except for NN4 support it. And
may I remind, NN4 is a 1997-era browser. I mean stoneage; older
than IE6! You are free to run software as old as you like, but
sorry, the cost should be yours, not mine.

Regards,