[Catalyst] best way to create a flexible, multiple key, CRUD application?

Francesc Romà i Frigolé francesc.roma+catalyst at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 17:41:49 GMT 2007

Hello,

I want to create a web application which is basically CRUD, and I was
wondering if there is a scaffolding script that can do it for catalyst. It
has to support tables with composite primary keys.

I thought InstantCRUD would be a good solution but i quickly discovered that
it doesn't handle composite primary keys ( it actually says it on the
documentation ). I naively thought that it wouldn't take much time to add
such functionality, and I started preparing a patch for it. I actually
managed it to work for Edit/Update and Delete (I think so), but I got stuck
with the Create part. The problem is, at least, that InstantCRUD depends on
DBSchema.pm which has the same limitation.

Now I got the feeling I'm wasting my time because somebody must already have
a solution for this problem, right?

BTW: I've seen a lot of talk about Reaction on the list recently but I
haven't quite got what is it about, and apparently is undocumented. Does it
have any relation with CRUD?

thanks in advance,
Francesc