[Catalyst] Using C::C::FormBuilder With DBIC

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 23:41:20 GMT 2007

On 2/18/07, Mark Zealey <mark at itsolve.co.uk> wrote:

> re the easy solutions presented earlier in the thread for sticking a form
> into
> a db and back again; I don't ususally make the code that simple because it
> could open up injection attacks and doesn't work too well with more
> complex
> forms or fields. I usually explicitly list which fields i want to use so
> then
> a typo in the form or a forgotten/newly added field in the form will not
> allow remote users to mess with bits of the database you don't want them
> mess with. I guess you could probably use db column permissions to do that
> db-side though.
>
> Mark

The FormBuilder tutorial mentions that it limits the data that can be passed
through the forms it creates (see the "Important:" note near the bottom of
the page):

http://www.formbuilder.org/tutor/index.pl?c=3D1&s=3D7

Has anyone looked into how comprehensive these protections are against the
full range of possible attacks?