[Catalyst] 404 Not Found

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 15:51:52 GMT 2007

From: "Matt S Trout" <dbix-class at trout.me.uk>
> computer will catch fire' - we do our best to let you organise stuff
>  how -you- want to rather than how we think you're going to want to.  This
> is probably also why very few cat contribs use windows by choice ;)

I am not using Windows by choice, but because I am forced to do it.
I have also tried using Linux, but the support for screen readers is very
very poor yet (and this "yet" keeps for a few years)
If the perl modules would be made to work better with Windows, they could
work without issues under Windows also, but they are not, since perl started
much time ago under Unix. The only issue of perl and perl modules is the
portability under other systems than Unix, and compatibility with other
programs.
But this is a disadvantage of perl and not a Windows problem.

I hope that the virtual machine in perl 6 will solve many of these problems,
although... who knows after how many years. :-)

Now Catalyst works pretty well on my computer under Windows, but I needed a
few days of hard work to discover that I need to force install Tie::RefHash,
even if it gave errors on "make test" because otherwise the authentication
modules were not working well.

By the way, I suggest adding a"require Tie::RefHash 1.35" somewhere, because
under Windows some of the Catalyst modules could not be used and the
programs give errors when using $c->user.

Octavian