[Catalyst] create=static

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 17:18:18 GMT 2007

From: "Brandon Black" <blblack at gmail.com>
> Are you absolutely sure that your foreign keys are really working in
> MySQL?  Are you using InnoDB?  Did you specify them on a separate line
> like "FOREIGN KEY (foo) REFERENCES bar (baz)" ?  Do they exist when
> you look at the output of "SHOW CREATE TABLE table_name"?

Nope, I am absolutely sure that the foreign keys don't work in MySQL. :-)
I have read in the MySQL manual that even though the foreign keys are not
supported (I guess with MyISAM tables) MySQL allow defining them for
compatibility, and I thought that DBIx::Class::Loader would see that table
creation statement and can make the correct classes.

So, I am still learning to use Catalyst, so I have changed the format of the
tables to InnoDB in my test database, and now the table classes are created
correctly. (I hope I won't need full text indexes and foreign keys support,
because as far as I know InnoDB doesn't support full text indexes).

I just needed to change some accessors in my code, because I had previously
gave different names than the Catalyst helper gave. I don't know yet how
those names are chosen...

Thank you for help. I have started to understand a little better Catalyst,
but I still have some misunderstandings with DBIx::Class...

Octavian