[Catalyst] create=static

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 04:11:17 GMT 2007

On 1/2/07, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I am still learning to use Catalyst, so I have changed the format of the
> tables to InnoDB in my test database, and now the table classes are created
> correctly. (I hope I won't need full text indexes and foreign keys support,
> because as far as I know InnoDB doesn't support full text indexes).

You shouldn't really use MyISAM for any serious stuff now since it
doesn't have transactions.
If you ever end up needing full text indexes, try to isolate that data
in a separate table and make that single table use MyISAM.

IMO, MySQL 5 sucks far less than its previous incarnations but if you
keep using the old fashioned ways of doing things, it will end up
sucking as much as the previous versions.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.