[Catalyst] Re: questions on Reaction

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Jan 2 18:31:44 GMT 2007

On 2 Jan 2007, at 16:12, Daniel McBrearty wrote:

> ok, answered my own question, partly. Reaction::Controller isa
> Cat::C::Bindlex, which is a Cat::C .... so I can use a
> Reaction::Controller as a souped up Cat::C, I guess ...

Precisely. Reaction drops in happily to any existing Cat app, we've
done hybrids and gradual ports already. The only thing to remember is
that it expects the I18N plugin to be loaded since all text is run
through that before display, and you need to have a
Reaction::UI::Renderer::XHTML subclass under MyApp::View for it to use.

Reaction also pretty much solely uses Chained, so sticking R-based
controllers off under a prefix of some sort isn't an issue.

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for