[Catalyst] Re: questions on Reaction

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Jan 2 19:03:11 GMT 2007

On 2 Jan 2007, at 18:52, Daniel McBrearty wrote:

> "The only thing to remember is that it expects the I18N plugin to be
> loaded since all text is run through that before display"
>
> Hmmm. I specifically don't want to use that plugin, as we have our own
> version which is similar but different. We may be a bit wrongheaded
> about this at the moment, but I've not yet found any practical reason
> to change it ...
>
> I don't need any transation of text for the crud stuff anyhow - it's
> all purely admin functions, which are English only.
>
> But I guess all it really wants is to see methods with the appropriate
> names in the $c namespace ... so no problem.

Yep, absolutely. But it was kinda critical to our use to enable L10N
from the ground up so we used the standard approach.

I explicitly -don't- check to see if the plugin's loaded though and
never will - I might need to implement something completely different
myself one day too :)

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for