[Catalyst] creating a model

Karl.Moens at marsh.com Karl.Moens at marsh.com
Wed Jan 3 10:51:11 GMT 2007

Octavian,

Assuming you are using ActiveState Perl, it is quite strange that you
don't have a working Tie::RefHash since it is part of the basic Perl
install. I'm not totally sure, but I think it is even part of the
core-modules.

Sometimes, due to botched installs and such, your copy of the Perl module
tree gets corrupted. I had it some while ago too, getting lots of strange
error messages during CPAN / CPANPLUS installs and the modules not
compiling anymore in my mingw-environment (and no, the error messages were
not helpful at all).

I re-installed the latest ActiveState for Windows, did a ppm install of
Catalyst::Runtime to get a basic Catalyst system up-and-running and then
added the necessary additional modules and plugins through CPAN or
CPANPLUS or ppm as necessary. It took me a few hours but it all went fine.
Having the mingw environment available  and adding the "Randy Kobes" ppm
repository was a big help, if not, absolutely necessary.

Oh yes, I also had to upgrade nmake.exe to a more recent version as the
"old" nmake choked on the length of the arguments Catalyst needs when
installing.

Karl

Message: 3