[Catalyst] creating a model

Len Jaffe lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Wed Jan 3 13:20:00 GMT 2007

On 1/3/07, Karl.Moens at marsh.com <Karl.Moens at marsh.com> wrote:

> Assuming you are using ActiveState Perl, it is quite strange that you
> don't have a working Tie::RefHash since it is part of the basic Perl
> install. I'm not totally sure, but I think it is even part of the
> core-modules.

Strange? Perhaps.

The Tie::RefHash distributed with perl has a bug, that was fixed, but
the new version causes AS perl to die during the test phase of the
build.  The version with the bug prevents us from using sessions as
there's a coderef inside the user object, and Storable balks at
freezing a coderef.

Check the list archives.  We [myself and the m aintainer to
Tie::RefHash] discussed this three or four months ago.  As I've said
previously, I don't have the time to debug the tests without some
windowy mentoring, and sessions not being crucial to my application, I
punted, letting my app query for the user record on each request,
which is fine due to the speciallized, low volume nature of the
application.

Len.