[Catalyst] IMPORTANT: Catalyst::Plugin::FormBuilder obsoleted by ::Controller::FormBuilder

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 15:00:00 GMT 2007

On 1/3/07, Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek <rs at 474.at> wrote:
> Daniel McBrearty wrote:
>
> > another thing : doesn't that imply that you have to install the
> > deprecated plugin before the DepPlugins Plugin jumps up an says "you
> > shouldn't ha' done that jimmy ..." (presumably before breathing
> > alcohol at you and pissing in your flower pots).
>
> What's "that"? I didn't say that. Firstly people surely will have to
> install it themselves, later on it can be included or required by
> -Devel. But people would also need to check the Wiki for every plugin
> they decide to use, and regularly revisit and check against their
> existing apps.

If I have this right, the plugin :

- looks at the list of installed stuff at runtime
- compares against %known_good_list or %black_list
- warns when it decides something is wrong ...

so "that" implies you don't know there's a problem until you've
installed that problem. My idea was that is better to be able to not
make the mistake in the first place. But given what you said about the
list needing to be in POD, that is possible.

the only issue I see is that the list itself needs to be updateable -
I guess there needs to be some sort of central mechanism ... I just
saw your other message.

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com