[Catalyst] Binary Conversion

Will Smith willbelair at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 18:30:12 GMT 2007

I install the module through CPAN. Still not sure I get the compiling error if the Math::BigInt included in the main controller.
 Do you know any other module that can do conversion from integer to binary in Catalyst?

 Thank you

Juan Miguel Paredes <juan.paredes at gmail.com> wrote: On 1/8/07, Will Smith  wrote:
> Hi,
>  I want to conver a number to binary. I installed Math::BigInt, and get this
> error when trying to plugin in the main controller:
>  Can't locate Catalyst/Plugin/Math/BigInt.pm ... in
> /lib/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi ..
>
>  eventhough the installion is good. And I checked if the module installed.
> There is a BigInt.pm in /lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/Math , and bigint.pm
> (lowercase) in /lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5
>  I'm not sure why I get the error.
>  Then, I try to plugin in the controller that needs the functions, no
> compiling error, but runtime error when I try to use the function, such as
>  $x->as_bin();
>
> this is my code:
> my $x = 10;
> $c->stash->{mybinary} = $x->as_bin();
>
> Please help me to get this right. Also, I could not install
> Bundle::Math
>
> Thank you.

 If you're on Debian (Etch) or derivatives, the "perl-modules" package
contains Math::BigInt. How did you install the library? You could also
check if the installation directory for that module is included in
@INC. Also, I think the module names and packages are
case-sensitive...

Regards,

Juan M. Paredes A.