[Catalyst] Browser window/tab independent sessions

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Mon Jan 8 22:11:47 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 23:34 +0200, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> And I think this is what is wanted, because I can't see other needs for
> having 2 separate sessions on the same computer.

non-global information, like the current search term, in global storage,
i.e. a cookie or something tied to a session ID in a cookie.

If you try opening multiple windows on amazon.com, with separate
searches in each, they will not interfere with each other.  You can page
through each separately, and your search terms are maintained.  This is
true regardless of how you opened the window.  That's what this person
is trying to achieve.

- Perrin