[Catalyst] Managing CPAN on Ubuntu [was: 'Installing under ...' on the wiki]

Kenny Gatdula kennyg at pobox.com
Tue Jan 9 15:54:22 GMT 2007

Richard Jolly wrote:

> I did look, but I'm afraid I didn't play with it. I was hoping to find a semi-standard solution rather than have to adopt a script that might involve it's own maintenance. I'm pretty sympathetic to the approach however. It's a kind of deliberate overkill to be sure you've actually sandboxed everything.

I just recently went through this on a new install of Ubuntu Edgy, and
ended up using apt-get to install Catalyst. It worked pretty well, but,
it's not the latest version. It's easier than having to wrestle with the
dependencies. Use `apt-cache search catalyst', and you'll see a few
modules that can get you started.  If you need to install modules via
CPAN in the future, install the build-essential package for the
compilers, etc.

Hope this helps,
Kenny