[Catalyst] Managing CPAN on Ubuntu [was: 'Installing under ...' on the wiki]

Thomas Hartman thomashartman1 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 9 16:04:42 GMT 2007

I actually tried to manage this from pimpmycat too.

http://pimpmycat.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/install/apt-get-installs.sh

(mentioned in the readme script)

This is unfortunately a bit impure, as it installs some stuff that
isnt' strictly necessary for catalyst... (eg emacs) so I wound up
mixing my personal preferences, which should probably be taken out.
But, as you see, it does include build-essentials -- because you need
that to get catalyst working, I found.

thomas.