[Catalyst] Re: Preferred Ajax framework

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Wed Jan 10 19:56:53 GMT 2007

On Jan 10, 2007, at 11:17 AM, John Napiorkowski wrote:

> --- Victor Igumnov <victori at lamer0.com> wrote:
>
>> Dojo! It goes beyond just ajax. It encompasses
>> widgets.

> I was excited about dojo as well but I really found
> that the widgets loaded quite slowly.  Maybe I am just
> doing it wrong but (for example) when using the tab
> widget on IE I'd see all the tab panes for a second or
> two before the control initialized.  I find that
> unacceptable.  Again, I'm probably not using it
> correctly but it's just too hard to use right IMHO.

They also don't work, even a little, in Safari.

 From a purist point of view I'm happy to blame Safari
for that, but it's pretty much a deal-breaker for any
website that you want the general public to be able
to use. I'd love to be able to use some of the neat
features, but I don't want to have to implement
two (or more) websites to cope with different browsers.

All the jquery-based plugins I've tried so far seem to
work fine in all recent browsers that have javascript,
which trumps the other issues for me right now.

Cheers,
   Steve